Tuesday, November 30, 2010

They Are Living Among Us...



It was one of those days when the strength of my headache overpowered my dislike of costly corporate coffee. I broke down and stood in line at my college’s overpriced bookstore café. Surrendering to Starbucks was not a total loss, because I got to see our very attractive resident barista. Somehow the way his charm and rugged good looks lifted my mood made up for my lightened pocketbook.



After I ordered and received my drink, I hung out at the end of the line to fix up my coffee. If I happened to steal glances at the cute barista, well, that would just be a coincidence. As I was standing there, I overheard that same barista speaking to one of his co-workers, only, it did not sound like the same person. His voice took on a more nasally tone that I had not noticed before.



The ruggedly handsome barista was discussing a multiplayer game with his friend, when I finally realized that -twist!- he was a nerd! Don’t get me wrong, I love nerds, being somewhat of a nerd myself, but I was totally not expecting it. This brought up the following question: Did he always talk with that cliché tone of voice, and I just did not hear it before, or was it a voice he put on only when talking to friends who shared his gaming interests? Hmm, maybe I should revisit this cute nerd to investigate—solely for scientific purposes of course.


4 comments:

  1. Better yet, ask him to teach you to play "call of duty black ops" or maybe a classic like "starcraft" or "diablo II" if he is a PC gamer, then maybe you will get some hands on time with him too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Which barista is it? There are a couple of cute ones, if I recall right. I mean, I'm there every day, I should know. Haha. You crack me up :] <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martin: Lol nice pun.

    Lauren: Um, I don't know his name, he worked in the morning yesterday and today. I'll point him out if we go together sometime. ;p

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :)