Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Doctor Who Christmas Special

It's been a while since I've written a Doctor Who related post, which seems crazy, because after all, my url is Jennifer the Whovian. I really have no excuse, but I have not seen a Doctor Who episode in ages! The fifth season ended in June, and since then I have been dying for another hit of the show. Matt Smith has not been my favorite Doctor, but I am desperate enough to watch anything about Doctor Who right now.

Since I had no idea when the new season would begin, I started surfing for Doctor Who news on blogs. I rediscovered my go-to Doctor Who blog: http://planetgallifrey.blogspot.com/.

The video I found there, and have now embedded here has revived hope in me. Perhaps after you see this brief teaser trailer, you'll understand why.





Am I crazy to be stoked about a Doctor Who/Scrooge crossover? Now I am left with the question: Is Doctor Who visiting a Scrooge-like character in real life, or has he somehow found a way to enter the fictional realm of Charles Dicken's book, A Christmas Carol?

At this time, I am guessing that the writers will opt for the cop-out that Dickens' character Scrooge was probably based on a real-life character. On my part, I wish that they would visit book characters, as improbable as that might be, because then the opportunities for fictional crossovers would be limitless!

What do you make of this preview?

Update from Planet Gallifrey: This Christmas episode of Doctor Who will be airing on December 25, 2010. I will probably have to wait a little longer to watch it, as I am in the United States and do not have all of the British channels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! :)