Saturday, December 4, 2010

So It Still Doesn't Feel a Lot Like Christmas


So I spent all my blogging time today updating my blog design to match the holiday season. At this point I am really trying hard to make myself believe it's Christmastime already. Texas has not seemed to get the memo about Christmas being so soon. It is just ridiculous that it was 80 degrees Fahrenheit and the mosquitoes are still thriving this late in the year. This time last year we had snow in Texas!

To get me into the mood of Christmas, I have spruced up my blog design and added a Christmas music playlist to the bottom of my blog that will play as soon as the page loads. I've tried to play different kinds of music from different artists, but I couldn't help putting 3 of Mariah Carey's songs on the playlist. I just love so much of her Christmas work. If anything can make it feel like Christmas, these songs can.

A cold front is supposed to move in tonight, which I will welcome with open arms. Tomorrow morning my kids from the afterschool program where I work will be performing in a Christmas special during a church service. They have been practicing for this Christmas program every day for a while, and I will be so proud to see them finally show off all of their hard work.

Maybe it will feel more like Christmas after it becomes chilly tomorrow and I get to listen to the children's Christmas carols. Does it feel like Christmas where you are?

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Well, Merry (somewhat belated) Christmas-- and might as well add, Happy New Year, while I'm at it. I haven't visited your blog in a while, so it was nice. I actually watched the Dr. What's his name (just kidding) trailer-- I still don't get what the show is, so I'll have to download one and watch it. I enjoyed your insights and praises. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :)