Wednesday, August 29, 2012

First Day Fashion




Since seeing this funny photo I wanted to put my best fashion foot forward on my first day of class. I absolutely love the trends that I've been reading in the InStyle mag. Each of the details that I point out in my outfit were inspired by the new fads of Fall. To begin with, I went for a black and gold theme. I am not usually a fan of gold, but I wanted to try something new.







This is the first time I've worn a dress to class. I went with black sandals rather than heels to make it a little more casual.






                              



          Both the cat and I are posing with our backs to the camera.






I love this pattern, because this season they are wearing leaves instead of flowers.








Now for the gold portion of this black and gold theme. I went with small accessories for daytime. I matched gold hoops with a tri-heart ring and a gold-colored teacher bracelet that has different charms (apple, schoolhouse, pencil, etc).

















I waited to do my makeup until right before class. I smoothed my hair into a low side-part ponytail pulled slightly to the side, a style that can be both casual and classy. I kept my makeup simple. After applying foundation, I chose a stand-out red shade of lipstick (Loreal, Real Red #301). It is a truer red in person than it shows in this photo. I would have added mascara, but since I could not find mine, I went without. Always be thoughtful when choosing to accentuate either the eyes or the lips. The rule of thumb is to pick one to put on display. For a fun night out, one can always experiment, but for class, I decided to play it safe.

Have any new Fall looks inspired you to try something new?

3 comments:

  1. There is no like button here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the dress. It's great! You look like a teacher. Your little boys are going to fall in love with you and want to marry you when they grow up!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! :)